A Note to Our TACA Community about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To Our TACA Community,
Our priority now — and always — is the health and safety of our TACA families, team members, donors, partners, and their families. We continue to monitor the evolving updates related to coronavirus (COVID-19), its impact on our local communities, and are proactively doing everything we can.
While this is a unique and difficult time, we are committed to serving our community.
In person meetings, coffee talks and family events have been canceled until further notice. We will provide updates on the TACA website here.
We know autism doesn’t take a day off. And, the good news, is neither does TACA’s online support:
- Online Parent Support Group: Post your questions in this private, moderated, community for support, updated information, files and help.
- Free TACA webinars.
- Virtual Chapter Meetings: TACA will be offering chapter meetings in a new way so that you can attend from home. You’ll find these updates here.
- Facebook Live parent education and trainings.
- Coronavirus and school closure tips and support. We will be updating this link with more tips and tools.
- Email support questions to Support@tacanow.org
We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and follow recommendations to keep families safe.
Within our organization, we have made several proactive decisions starting with the cancellation of the National TACA Autism East Coast Conference in March.
Additionally, we have transitioned October's TACA Conference to a virtual format, which will allow parents to participate from home. This is an exciting change because it gives parents the ability to access presentations 24/7 for the entire month of October.
TACA will be asking for your support. If you have the ability, please donate to help us meet the needs of families.
We appreciate your support of TACA, families living with autism, and our mission as we navigate these unique times.
In service to you and our mission,
TACA Executive Director and Co-founder