A Note to Our TACA Community about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To Our TACA Community,
Our priority – now and always—is the health and safety of our TACA families, team members, donors, partners and their families. We continue to monitor the evolving updates related to coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on our local communities and are proactively doing everything we can.
While this is a unique and difficult time, we are committed to serving our community.
In person meetings, coffee talks and family events have been canceled until a date in April. We will provide updates on the TACA website here https://tacanow.org/events/.
We know autism doesn’t take a day off. And the good news is neither does TACA’s online support:
- Facebook Support Group: post your questions in this private, moderated, community for support, updated information, files and help: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TACAhope/
- Free TACA webinars: https://tacanow.org/family-resources/webinars/ (NOTE: We will be adding more webinars over the next 2 weeks.)
- Virtual Chapter Meetings: TACA will be offering chapter meetings in a new way so that you can attend from home. You’ll find these updates on here: https://tacanow.org/events/.
- Facebook Live parent education and trainings: https://www.facebook.com/TheAutismCommunityInAction/
- Coronavirus and school closure tips and support. We will be updating this link with more tips and tools: https://tacanowblog.com/2020/03/13/coronavirus-and-students-with-autism/
- Email support questions: Support@tacanow.org
We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and follow recommendations to keep families safe.
Within our organization, we have made several proactive decisions starting with the cancelation of the National TACA Autism East Coast Conference on March 13th. TACA’s National office will be closed for two weeks from March 18 - April 2.
TACA will be asking for your support. If you have the ability to help please donate to help us meet the needs of families: https://tacanow.org/ways-to-help/donate/.
We appreciate your support of TACA, families living with autism and our mission as we navigate these unique times.
In service to you and our mission,
TACA Executive Director and Co-founder