TACA and B.I.G. Autism Foundation Family Scholarship Program
June 19, 2015
Thanks to a generous donation from the B.I.G. Autism Foundation, TACA is happy to announce the following scholarship opportunity.
B.I.G. Foundation and TACA have joined together to create a scholarship fund for Florida families living in Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa counties. These scholarships will allow families to begin much needed biomedical treatment or to continue with the prescribed treatment of a MAPS (Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs) doctor. We are proud to provide these scholarships and look forward to helping Florida families in their pursuit of biomedical treatment.
Florida families have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship to see a MAPS doctor of their choice for a maximum of $1000 plus $500 towards prescribed supplements from a vendor chosen by TACA and B.I.G. Autism Foundation.
Families must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive assistance from the TACA Family Scholarship Fund:
- Live in Escambia, Santa Rosa or Okaloosa county in Florida
- Be a TACA member (sign up on the web, it’s FREE!)
- Have a child diagnosed with ASD or PDD-NOS
- Have a combined annual household income equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (Applicants with higher household incomes will be considered, but priority will be given to those equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.)
- View at least 2 of our TACA Webinars
- Be working actively with a TACA Parent Mentor
DURING THE REVIEW PROCESS, THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE REQUESTED. BEST TO HAVE IT AVAILABLE JUST IN CASE.
- Previous year’s tax return (if you are married and have filed “married filing separately” both tax returns are required.)
- Most recent pay stub showing year-to-date income for all household income workers.
- Copy of a utility bill to prove Florida residency
- A letter from your doctor or other proof indicating your child’s diagnosis.
- Depending on the nature of your request, additional information may be required.
Please note that, in order to comply with state and federal law, TACA reserves the right to follow up with the family to ensure the assistance was successfully used for its intended purpose.