Large Cloud 1Large Cloud 2mapSmall Cloud 1Small Cloud 2

Your Autism Journey

Autism Journey Blueprints ©

A visual foundation of best practices for your child

Autism Diagnosis


In order to obtain services and treatment, your child will need an autism diagnosis:

  • Medical Diagnosis:
    • Can only be given by a licensed medical professional, such as a:
      • Developmental Pediatrician
      • Neurologist
      • Psychiatrist
      • Psychologist
    • Can help secure insurance and government benefits
  • Educational Diagnosis:
    • Provided by schools to determine your child's IEP eligibility category
    • Typically based on educational criteria or available school programs
    • The diagnosis may be issued by someone who is not a licensed psychologist (many school psychologists are not licensed psychologists)
      • Because of this, you may want to consider obtaining a medical diagnosis, independent of the school

Autism Journey Blueprints

You Are Here

Autism Diagnosis: Consider obtaining a medical diagnosis, independent of the school.
Download the complete Blueprints