Federal Programs (SSI, Food Stamps/SNAP)
Federal Programs (Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Food Stamps/SNAP): You must qualify for these programs on income and disability. If you do qualify, you can get up to $735* cash per month for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and up to $649* a month (for a family of 4) of Food Stamps (aka SNAP).
These are the programs you will want to consider applying for when you have a child with ASD:
- Supplemental Security Income - SSI
- State Medicaid
- Medwaiver/Autism Waiver
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families - TANF
- Food Stamps - SNAP
- Women, Infants and Children - WIC
- State Children’s Insurance Programs - CHIP
- Head Start
- Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Programs
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program - LIHEAP
*Numbers reflect 2017 benefits.