Remove Other Toxins
We live in a very toxic world today. Poisons and dangers abound and keeping yourself and your children healthy can be tricky. Living “green” can greatly impact your child’s health and it’s not so hard to do once you know what to look out for.
- Get your water tested. You can get water treatment companies to come to your house to do free testing or take a sample of your water to the local county Cooperative Extension office (every county in the USA has one, just do an internet search with your county name). Add filters as needed based on test results.
- Replace your bleach with non-chlorine bleach and replace toxic fabric softener and dryer sheets with mercury-free versions.
- Avoid aluminum in food packaging like juice, milk sub or broth boxes and cookware. Aluminum leeches into the food inside the pouch.
- Make sure all of your vitamins and toothpaste are fluoride-free. Make sure to be clear with your dentist and school that no fluoride treatments should be given to your child. Instruct your dentist to use pumice instead of toothpaste for cleanings.
- Replace plastic containers with glass.