TACA Orange County Chapter Neurofeedback Scholarship
Thanks to a generous donation, we are happy to announce that TACA Orange County families have the opportunity to apply for a scholarship for neurofeedback at the Amen Clinic.
- The scholarship includes a qEEG (Quantitative Electroencephalogram) and 10 (one-hour) sessions of neurofeedback at the Amen Clinic in Costa Mesa.
Families must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive assistance from the TACA Family Scholarship Fund:
- Be a TACA member (sign up on the web, it’s FREE!)
- Have a child diagnosed with ASD or PDD-NOS
- Top priority will be given to these applicants: Have a combined annual household income equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (Applicants with higher household incomes will be considered, but priority will be given to those equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.)
- Attend at least two TACA Orange County Chapter events
Only apply for this scholarship if you can confirm the following:
- You are required to commit to 2 one-hour sessions a week for 10 sessions at the Amen Clinic located at 3150 Bristol St., Suite 400, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Sessions MUST be consecutive. SESSIONS CAN NOT BE SKIPPED.
- Is your child able to sit relatively still and minimize face and eye movement for an hour?
- Does your child have sensory issues? Would they be able to tolerate either the cap necessary for the LORETA neurofeedback or the sensors for traditional neurofeedback? Would they be able to sit still if permitted to sit on a parent or caregiver's lap watching a video?
- Take all of this into careful consideration before applying. If your child is unable to stay relatively still or tolerate a cap or sensors they would not be eligible at this time for this scholarship.