FREE Legal Clinics
NEW! TACA Legal Advocacy Program Collaborates with the Special Education Law Firm and Adams & Associates to provide FREE Legal Clinics
TACA, in collaboration with the Special Education Law Firm (SELF) and Adams & Associates will be hosting monthly FREE legal advice clinics for TACA families. Services for this clinic will be provided by SELF attorneys and advocates and members of TACA’s ProBono attorney panel.
Legal Clinic Dates:
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: TACA National Office
2222 Martin Street , Suite 140
Irvine, CA 92612
RSVP: To reserve a space, click here to RSVP online or call 1-949-640-4401.
Please sign up early! We may be unable to accommodate reservations received less than 24 hours prior to the clinic.
What to bring:
- Your child’s most current, consented to (signed by you) Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Any IEP with an offer of a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) that you have not signed but are seeking consultation for.
- Any other documents relevant to issues you are seeking consultation for.
- Please do not bring documents that are more than two years old.
- Each family will receive a 30 minute consultation with an attorney or highly experienced advocate.
- Legal consultations are free, but participants MUST RSVP to secure an available time slot.
- Legal consultations are for special education issues only. Attorneys/advocates will not consult on Regional Center, SSI, IHSS, Medi-cal or other disability related issues.
- You may bring children with you, however child care is not available and you will be responsible for monitoring your children. TACA is not responsible for unattended children.
- All consultations are private and confidential and will be conducted in a private space.
- Reservations are first-come, first-served. If we are unable to schedule your consultation, you will be placed on a wait list and may receive a consult if there is a no-show. You may also choose to reserve for the following month.
- TACA is committed to equal participation of our members with disabilities. Please contact TACA if you will require an accommodation to participate.
Please do not contact SELF directly. If you have questions about the program, contact the TACA office at (949) 640-4401.