Development Coordinator II
Department: Development/ Fundraising
Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Non-Supervisory
Reports to: Development Director
Hourly Rate: $22 - $28
Hours Per Week: 40
Benefits: Paid Medical, Paid Dental, Vision and Chiropractic, Paid LTD, STD & AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time Off. Employee contributed 403b Retirement Plan.
Work Location: Irvine, CA 92612
Schedule: Weekdays, M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, with some flexibility in schedule, including some weekends and evenings as required by various events.
Hire Time Frame: Immediate Hire
Our non-profit organization is currently searching for a Development Coordinator II for our Foundation office located in Irvine, CA. This position reports directly to the Development Director. The Development Coordinator II will manage all volunteers for fundraising and family events in Orange County, CA. Additional duties will include but are not limited to: e-news support and coordination, overseeing local social media posts, and overseeing online fundraising campaign platforms. It is also the responsibility of this role to consistently convey and adhere to our organization’s mission. In this position, you will interface and collaborate with administrators, support personnel, and management on a regular basis.
- Four or more years of proven experience in fundraising, event planning, and volunteer management is required as well as the ability to work independently and give directions to other team members or volunteers
- Common knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- High level of proficiency in basic computer programs and relevant software applications; including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general donation platforms.
- Marketing proficiency and strong customer relations ability
- Understanding of Autism is preferred, but not required
- Assist and collaborate with the Development Director in the planning, organization, reporting, and implementation of all special events and fundraising campaigns.
- Work with Ante Up for Autism volunteer committee including but not limited to:
- Design and implement marketing plan for auction and maintain auction software
- Create and maintain auction in-kind donation reports
- Solicit in-kind donations for auction
- Schedule and organize the committee and volunteer thank you/appreciation dinner
- Work with Family and Friends Coordinator including but not limited to:
- Create fundraising teams and maintain peer-to-peer software
- Design and implement incentive marketing schedule with Family and Friends Coordinator
- Manage Development Department supporter records in EveryAction (constituent relations management system) including but not limited to:
- Create and maintain Development Department groups
- Create and maintain mailing lists
- Manage and schedule Friends of TACA Instagram:
- Create and maintain the editorial schedule
- Coordinate postings with Communications Associate
- Working with Development Director and Program Leads to oversee and set up online fundraising/registration platforms for all fundraising events/campaigns
- Manage production of TACA annual report
- Work with Communication Associate on design and layout
- Draft content plan
- Conduct interviews and write feature articles
- Manage volunteers for fundraising and family events including but not limited to:
- Recruit and train volunteers for each specific event and assignment at event
- Develop and coordinate volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Produce and implement volunteer job descriptions, assignments, and schedules for each event
- Create and maintain detailed records in EveryAction of volunteers’ information and involvement
- Create and implement annual volunteer recognition event
- Maintain accurate records and produce statistical report after each event. (Includes, number of volunteers, hours of participation and monetary value*) *2012 – $29.95 based on: Independent Sector
- Perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Executive, Finance, and Development Directors as required
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and competency to present information, answer questions and talk informatively
- Professional personal presentation, customer service orientated with positive attitude
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Deadline-driven with an ability to multitask and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, and capable of working well with staff, teams, high-level volunteers, and others
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and flexibility in response to changing priorities
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation as driving to events and other traveling as needed is a must
- Ability to work an extended event day with the capacity to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds
- Must pass background test
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position: Please email your resume and a brief description of why you feel you are the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
The Autism Community in Action (TACA) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2000 with the mission to provide education, support, and hope to families living with autism. Headquartered in Irvine, CA with staff and volunteers working across the country, TACA offers Coffee Talks – free educational meetings, webinars, a parent mentor program, an online Hope and Help support group, an annual National Autism Conference, and a free Autism Journey Guide given to newly diagnosed families. TACA has a strong social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. TACA annually serves more than 83,000 individuals living with autism and adds on average 700 new members every month. For more information visit www.tacanow.org
The Autism Community in Action maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling TACA’s commitment to equal employment opportunity.
TACA follows all State, County and Federal guidelines pertaining to COVID and the spread of COVID.