Position Status: Full Time, Exempt, Supervisory Role of Program Staff
Reports to: Executive Director
Hourly Rate: $70,500 - $110,565 DOE
Hours Per Week: 40 hrs
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic, LTD, STD & AD&D Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time Off. Employee contributed 403b Retirement Plan.
Work Location: Irvine, CA 92612 or Telecommuter Position
Schedule: Weekdays, M-F, 8:00 am Pacific – 5:00 pm Pacific, with some flexibility in schedule, including some weekends and evenings as required by various events
Hire Time Frame: Immediate Hire
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will provide strategic guidance to the Program team, leadership that promotes the mission of the organization, and strategically analyzes the progress of the programs. This position will grow TACA programs by providing leadership, direction, planning, execution, and evaluation of the programs, as well as supervising all program staff and some volunteers. Collaborate with other departments to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- 5+ years in national non-profit management with a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Education, or Non-profit Management.
- Knowledge or autism or special needs communities preferred.
- Has the ability to manage and motivate program staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required, with the demonstrated ability to produce timely and impactful content.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, including Teams.
- Familiarity with Webex Events and EveryAction (Constituent Relationship Management software) is a plus but not required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus but not required.
The Program Director will be responsible for:
- Providing direction, motivation, and leadership for Program staff while overseeing the various programs offered.
- Communicating the impact of programs to the TACA Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Collaborate with Development Team by providing statistical reporting on Program impact to procure additional funds for existing programs and assist in the cultivation of donors.
- Collaborate, plan, develop, and execute strategies for providing programs and services in line with TACA’s mission across the country.
- Manage, motivate, develop, lead and inspire the Program Team staff members in the vision and direction of program delivery (includes remote staff working across different time zones).
- Develop and execute strategic plans for 1-, 3, & 5 year cycles.
- Develop, administer, and report the department’s annual operating budget to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Interface with the TACA Board of Directors at quarterly meetings with Program updates.
- Follow strategic plans, budgets, goals, and objectives for the Program department.
- Ensure accurate monthly data collection and analysis across programs.
- Ensure that programs are of high quality and conducted in a consistent manner.
- Demonstrate program effectiveness and create measurements for how TACA makes a difference in the lives of our constituents.
- Lead Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives across TACA Programs.
- Assist in grant development and major gift outlines for all programs and collaborate and support with our internal Development department on prospects for additional funding to expand programs and program reporting.
- Create and implement program surveys and evaluate results to determine program effectiveness.
- Collect, analyze, and share success stories and metrics on program impact via TACA’s communication materials and online presence. Including but not limited to: prepare year-end reports, including accomplishments, impact, survey data, tax return program descriptions, and strategic goal metrics.
- Provide leadership and serve as a TACA representative when dealing with other autism organizations or collaborative businesses, as appropriate.
- Professionally represent TACA at major TACA National program events, including conferences. Travel to TACA headquarters 3-4 times a year as needed (if working remotely).
- Assist in cultivating new vendors, sponsors, other autism organization collaborations, and business relationships.
- Collaboratively prepare communications for constituents, including families, caregivers, other supporters, and donors.
- Assists departments in file management applications, including paper and electronic filing systems, indexing, central records storage, retrieval, and disposition of all files created or managed.
- Perform other reasonably related projects or administrative support tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and competency to speak comfortably, answer questions and talk informatively.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, independent worker or team player who is deadline driven with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in management, coordination with board members, and motivation with staff, volunteers, donors, and vendors.
Apply for this Position
Please email your resume and a brief description of why you feel you are the best candidate for this position to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, Human Resources Manager and mailto:email@example.com, Sr. Office Coordinator. At TACA, we value diversity in our workplace. If you need reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process, please include that information.
The Autism Community in Action (TACA) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2000 with the mission to provide education, support, and hope to families living with autism. Headquartered in Irvine, CA with staff and volunteers working across the country, TACA offers Coffee Talks – free educational meetings, webinars, a parent mentor program, an online Hope and Help support group, an annual National Autism Conference, and a free Autism Journey Guide given to newly diagnosed families. TACA has a strong social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. TACA annually serves more than 83,000 individuals living with autism and adds on average 700 new members every month. For more information visit www.tacanow.org
The Autism Community in Action maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling TACA’s commitment to equal employment opportunity.
TACA follows all State, County and Federal guidelines pertaining to COVID and the spread of COVID.