Amy’s Waffles – GFCFSF
This recipe comes from TACA Nevada's own Amy!!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose GF flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk substitute of your choice or can even use Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons of aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 -1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Additional oil to put on waffle pan to avoid waffle from sticking
Heat waffle iron.
Beat eggs until foamy, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Oil waffle iron.
Pour 2/3 cup batter into center of hot waffle iron.
Remove when waffle is done.
This isnt a sweet waffle- just regular, but good. To make sweeter use a juice instead of milk substitute.- you can blend in 2 ripe bananas and they turn out nice too. We freeze these and pull them out one at a time. Our waffle iron is large and makes huge waffles, but we can put 1/2 into a toaster and re-heat later in the week.