Banana Pancakes with Orange Honey Sauce
Banana Pancakes with Orange Honey Sauce - SCD
ORANGE HONEY SAUCE
- 1 cup honey
- juice of one orange
- zest (grated rind) of one orange
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oil
- small pinch baking soda
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 sliced banana
- ORANGE HONEY SAUCE: Place all honey, orange juice, and zest in saucepan and simmer till thickened to syrup consistency. Put through fine sieve. Serve warm.
- PANCAKES: Whisk first egg and oil. Add baking soda and almond flour and mix until it resembles pancake batter-like (if too thin add almond flour, if too thick add little water).
- Pour onto hot, greased griddle, place sliced bananas on top.
- Cook 2 mins. on first side (peek under edge for browness) flip and cook two minutes more.
- Pour orange honey sauce on top.
This recipe came from http://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes-breakfast/banana-hotcakes-with-orange-honey-sauce/ but adapted for autism (no yogurt or butter).