Bourbon Chicken – GFCFSF
Bourbon Chicken - GFCFSF
This is similar to take-out Bourbon chicken, but without the bourbon (as it's not GF).
2 lbs boneless chicken skinless thighs (or breasts if you must, but the thighs give a great flavor and are more tender)
1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons grated ginger
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (this does NOT produce heat)
1/4 cup orange juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup Coconut Aminos sauce - http://www.coconutsecret.com/aminos2.html or make your own http://tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/#anchor-soysauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch/arrowroot mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Flatten chicken thighs, season both sides with salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Mix all sauce ingredients in bowl. Season to taste. Add sauce to pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken and bring back to a hard boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
6. Remove Chicken to cutting board and slice in 1/3" inch slices.
7. Bring sauce back up to a boil and whisk in cornstarch/arrowroot and water mixture to thicken sauce.
8. Add chicken back in to sauce.
Serve over hot rice and ENJOY