Carrot Cake – GFCFSF
Carrot Cake - GFCFSF
- 2 Cups of GFCFSF Flour (such as King Arthur or Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose GFCF flour)
- 2 Cups of sugar (see http://tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/ for sugar sub ideas)
- 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 Cups of finely shredded carrot
- 1 Cup of safflower oil
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
Combine and mix ingredients
Pour into 2 greased 9” x 1.5” round baking pans Bake 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or makes 24 cupcakes for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of raisins or currants and/or 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
Cake may appear undercooked, but, usually sets up nicely once it has cooled. Enjoy!