Cheese Pizza - GFCFSF
When we started the diet in 1998, GFCFSF cheese pizza was not possible. Over the years, cheeses have been introduced but most tasted like garbage. Welcome to good GFCFSF cheese folks! Daiya Cheese is available nationally. Daiya cheese come in cheddar, italian (mozzerella-like) and a new pepper-jack flavor. www.daiyafoods.com
Crust - there are many premade crusts out that are good:
- Udi's - http://udisglutenfree.com/
- Kinnikinnik's - www.kinnikinnick.com/ (my personal fav)
- Dad's (Egg-free) - http://www.glutenfreepizza.com/
- and many mixes are available, like Chebe, King Arthur Flour and Namaste, just to name a few:
Sauce - I use Muir Glen's Organic Pizza Sauce - http://www.muirglen.com/products/product_detail.aspx?cat=6&upc=7-25342-28301-9 but you can use whatever you like.
Cheese (yes, CHEESE!) - www.Daiyafoods.com - I use a mix of cheddar and Italian
Pepperoni - if your child likes Pepperoni, there are 2 GFCFSF Nitrate-free choices like:
- Hormel Natural: http://www.hormel.com/products/refrigerated/HormelNaturalChoiceMeats.aspx
- Applegate Farms: http://www.applegatefarms.com/products/natural_pepperoni.aspx
Bake at 375 until cheese is bubbly and melted. Enjoy!