Chicken, Bok Choy and Udon Noodle Soup
Chicken, Bok Choy and Udon Noodle Soup- GFCFSF
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon GFCFSF "soy sauce" substitute**
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce*
- 6 small heads of baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise and washed well
- 12 ounces GFCFSF Brown Rice Fettuccine (sub for dried udon noodles)
- 5 green onions, chopped, white ends separated from greens
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil and all of the sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook chicken just until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pot add remaining olive oil, garlic, shitake mushrooms and ginger. Cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft. Pour in chicken broth, ~soy sauce and Chili Sauce. Return chicken to pan and add bok choy and white ends from green onions. Cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Divide noodles between bowls and ladle soup over the top.
- 5. Carefully crack an egg into the HOT soup broth and let it set up.***Sprinkle with green onions. Serve.
- I like mine hotter than the kids so I add an extra sprinkle (about a teaspoon) of Chili sauce in my bowl.
**Here is the link for the "soy sauce" sub - http://tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/#anchor_soysauce
***A note. If your soup is not VERY hot it won't cook the egg so you can put 1 cup of broth into a small pot and crack an egg into it and boil it until the egg poaches in the broth, then pour broth and egg on soup.