Coconut Flour Blueberry Pancakes
Coconut Flour Blueberry Pancakes - GFCFSF/SCD
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup gfcfsf milk (use more or less depending on desired thickness)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon gfcfsf baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 pint (about a cup) fresh blueberries
- coconut oil or Earth Balance gfcfsf margarine for frying (the margarine would make the recipe not SCD, but still GFCFSF)
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
- Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Add blueberries. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown.
- Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit. Makes 8 pancakes.