Hot dogs - I use Coleman Naturals or Applegate Farms Organic
1 1/3 cup Aunt Candice pancake mix
1/2 cup corn meal
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Vance's potato milk (mixed with water, not the dry concentrate)
1/3 cup of sugar
Cut hot dogs in half - easier size for kids to handle. Insert wooden sticks into one end of each half hot dog. Allow hot dogs to warm to room temperature and dry off each hot dog with a kitchen towel (the batter will stick better). Mix batter ingredients until smooth. Let stand about 15 minutes to thicken slightly. Heat cooking oil to 375. Dip hot dogs into the batter, let excess batter drip back into bowl for a moment. Deep fry 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use a very deep bowl or large measuring cup to mix batter in - it's easier to dip hot dogs into.
- If batter is too thick, add more liquid.
- If you don't have a deep fryer, an electric skillet will work.
- You can order the Aunt Candice mix and Vance's potato milk online.
- These freeze well and reheat well in oven