Delicious Sangria - GFCFSF (not for the kids)
Sangria is a party drink, so it's not something you generally make for one, so get festive and enjoy!
- 4 bottles red wine - preferably Spanish wine, but any will do. Do not buy cheap wine that you wouldn't drink normally as it will still taste bad in the Sangria. Stay away from sweet wine.
- 3 sliced oranges, 3 oranges squeezed
- 1 lemon sliced, 1/2 lemon squeezed
- 2 limes sliced, 2 limes squeezed
- 1 cup blackberries (these soak up the alcohol and will be your favorite!)
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 2 apples, sliced
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau (triple sec isn't GF)
- 1 cup brandy (or more!)
Thinly slice all the fruit so they soak up the alcohol more. Mix all together, refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve chilled or room temperature. Garnish with Star Fruit and silly umbrellas.
Note: The apples, peaches and berries will soak up the brandy. Raspberries tend to disintegrate so stick to blackberries.