Egg Muffins – GFCFSF
October 08, 2016
Egg Muffins - GFCFSF
Recipes from the GFCFSF Autism Live Cooking Show – WHATS LEFT?
9 large organic eggs
8 ounces shredded, cooked organic chicken
1 red pepper
1 cup filtered water
1/4 cup organic spinach or basil
1/2 to 1 cup non-dairy Daiya cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
1/4 cup green onion
1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a muffin tin with non-sticking cooking spray (high heat oil recommended)
3. Brown the chicken in a medium-sized pan over medium-heat until done. (Using left overs is great!)
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs & water and then add in the chicken, red pepper, spinach or basil, salt and pepper. Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes, my oven needed 23 minutes.
5. Top with Daiya cheese to taste
6. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, use a knife to loosen from the sides.
Yields: 12 muffins. Freezes WONDERFULLY.