Four Ingredient Chicken Bake – GFCFSF
October 08, 2016
Four Ingredient Chicken Bake - GFCFSF
Recipes from the GFCFSF Autism Live Cooking Show – WHATS LEFT?
4 chicken breasts
Basil pesto 1/2 cup
3 Roma sliced tomatoes
Daiya mozzarella cheese 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Chicken Bake Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Place chicken in baking dish, cover pesto 1-2 tablespoons on each chicken breast, cover with sliced tomatoes
3) Bake 30 mins – remove and cover chicken with Daiya cheese.
4) Return chicken to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
Dairy free, soy free Basil Pesto
• 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
• 1 head garlic, intact and unpeeled
• 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 cup packed basil
• 2 ounces (about 1⁄2 cup) grated DAIRY free, soy free Parmesan cheese
• Pinch of coarse sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan over low heat on the stovetop, stirring often, until fragrant but not browned.
2. To roast the garlic, slice the head horizontally across the top, leaving it unpeeled and intact. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil into the head before wrapping in aluminum foil. Roast for about 45 minutes, or until the garlic has softened. Poke out half the cloves, squeeze the flesh out of the skins, and set aside. Leave the remaining half for another day.
3. Put pine nuts in a food processor and grind until fine. Add the basil, and pulse the motor while dribbling in the remaining olive oil. Add the roasted garlic, dairy free/soy free cheese, salt and pepper; pulse briefly; and remove to a small bowl for dipping. (Note: It is best to eat within 24 hours of preparation.)