French Layered Potatoes
French Layered Potatoes - GFCFSF
- 1/4 cup GFCFSF margarine - Earth Balance Soy Free Margarine
- 2 cups mimic creme - www.mimiccreme.com or Cashew Cream
- 3 pounds red potatoes -- unpeeled
- salt and white pepper -- to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh chives -- chopped
Preheat oven to 400*F. Place margarine, chives and Mimic Creme in saucepan, cook over medium heat until smooth but not boiling. Scrub and thinly slice the potatoes. Arrange half the potatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish in overlapping layers, sprinkle with salt and pepper generously. Pour half of creme mixture over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes in overlapping layers, again seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour remaining mixture over potatoes. Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.