Fresh Herb Pot Roast
Fresh Herb Pot Roast - GFCFSF/SCD
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pound rump of beef
- 2 or 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, scraped and cubed
- 2 stalks celery, cubed
- 1 tblspn fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tblspn fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tblspn fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup liquid (wine, bouillon, tomatoes, vegetable broth, etc.)
Season the flour with the salt and pepper and pound the mixture into the meat.
Brown meat on all sides in the hot oil. Add the onions and garlic, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
Add the carrots, celery, herbs, and liquid. Cover tightly and simmer 3 1/2 - 5 hours, until meat is fork tender.
Add desired vegetables during the last 20 or 30 minutes.