Incredibly Tasty Chicken Fingers
This recipe is hands down the favorite by all children and adults. The main reason is the FAT CONTENT! The other is the amazing taste and quality compared to a fast food restaurant! I frequently get the request to make these for family gatherings and parties and to my happiness – they are GFCF and my child can enjoy them too!
Bottom line: YOU NEED a deep fryer for this recipe. Some families use a Wok (but be sure both are GFCF and not used with any offending products!)
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1⁄2 cup CF milk substitute
2 eggs (or egg replacer will work like arrowroot, ENERG egg replacer or Quail eggs)
1 cup potato flakes (I like Barbaras all natural potato flakes or Potato buds)
1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
Enough oil for the deep fryer (see notes on deep fryer below)
Lawry's seasoning salt
- Wash and cut the boneless chicken into 1” to 2” stips
- Put dry ingredients including: potato flakes, rice flour, salt, pepper and parsley (to taste) in one bowl. Mix well.
- Put WET ingredients in a separate bowl: including rice milk and egg or egg replacement. Mix well.
- Coat the chicken strips in the WET MIX well.
- Then coat the wet chicken strips in the DRY MIX well.
- Preheat the deep fryer for the CHICKEN SETTING. Cook approximately 5-8 minutes in the deep fryer on the CHICKEN SETTING. Before serving – cut in half to be sure to check they are fully cooked.
- When chicken fingers are done, drain and dry them on a plate of paper towels to allow them to cool.
- Serve with baked French fries! (hey, you gotta cut the oil somewhere and it is not with this recipe!)
Notes on the deep fryer:
- Please use Safflower, Olive, or Sunflower oil that can be heated! Check the heating recommendations on the bottle.
- I replace the oil EACH TIME I USE THE DEEP FRYER . So doubling, quadrupling batches is a GREAT IDEA.
- These chicken fingers are easy to freeze and reheat. I reheat in the toaster oven or regular oven and it was like they were JUST COOKED. (Microwave reheating makes the chicken tastes like rubber.)