Lisa's Chicken Pazone
November 14, 2011
- 1 1/3 c Gluten-free Bisquick (*Manufacturer says there may be soy cross contamination, so if you are worried, you can use the recipe substitution here: http://www.tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/#anchor-flour)
- 1/3 c organic safflower oil
- 1/2 c water
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients well. Set aside.
- 1/2 lb organic chicken (cut up small pieces)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- Safflower oil
- Salt and herbs de Provence to taste
Carmelize onions with oil and seasoning. Add chicken and sauté until completely cooked.
- 1/3 c GFCFSF Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c organic tomato sauce (throw in a little salt, pepper, basil & oregano to taste)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Take 1/2 of mixed Bisquick batter and press on the cookie sheet using parchment paper on top with your hands.
Add 1/2 the chicken and filling on one half of the dough. Do not overfill. Gentle roll the unfilled half of the dough over the filling by lifting the parchment paper. Tip: wet your fingers with water to help separate parchment paper and roll the dough over the filling. Take a wet fork and press the dough at the opening.
Cook for 20-25 minutes until crust is slightly brown and firm. Yields two pazones and feeds 2-3.