Lisa’s Crabby Cakes
- 2 cups of lump crab meat, picked over (fresh crab meat is clearly superior)
- 1 Tablespoon of GFCFSF mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of GFCFSF Worcestershire sauce (http://tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/#anchor-soysauce)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup corn meal
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 3 chopped organic green onions
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 3 tbs melted of Earth Balance soy-free Margarine
- 2 tsp lemon
- High heat organic safflower oil
Yields 6-7 small crabby patties
Buy the best fresh crab possible – it ain’t cheap and it is worth it. Knowing your butcher and calling ahead is required. Go for the Alaskan fresh crab. Do not buy can or cheap or fake! We rarely cook seafood (2 times a year) and when we do it is the best we can find.
Rinse and drain fresh crab well – press remaining water out. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. In a skillet, cover the bottom with oil and bring the heat up to medium high. Make your patties and cook at least 7 minutes both sides until golden brown. Serve hot.