Lisa’s Shrimp Kebabs
Borrowed from Holly Citrus-Tarragon Shrimp
- 1 orange, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
- 1 lemon, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
- 1 lime, zested, then juiced, remainder discarded
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup GF "soy" sauce (For substitutions: http://tacanow.org/family-resources/gfcfsf-ingredients-and-substitutions/#anchor-soysauce)
- 1/4 cup canola/safflower/sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Buy the best fresh shrimp possible – it ain’t cheap and it is worth it. Knowing your butcher and calling ahead is required. Do not buy canned or frozen! We rarely cook seafood (2 times a year) and when we do, we buy the best we can find.
Rinse shrimp really well. Add all ingredients and marinate shrimp for at least an hour.
Veggies For Kebabs:
- Bell peppers
- Italian squash
Place all ingredients on wooden skewers. BBQ – cook 4 minutes on each side on medium high heat. Yields for 5-6 servings.