Sometimes, we need a little libation. Here is a GFCFSF tasty treat JUST for the adults!
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup*
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 12 fresh mint leaves, plus some for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) white rum
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda or Perrier/Pelligrino
Simple syrup is half water, half sugar, boiled on medium heat until sugar fully dissolves, then removed to cool. Simple! 🙂
Rough chop mint leaves and place in tall glass. Use a reamer (see picture) to bruise it enough to release all of it's smell and oils. Add lime juice, simple sugar, rum, crushed ice, and club soda. Gently stir for 5 seconds, then tuck mint sprigs into top of glass and insert tall straw.
Note: There is alot of taste variation in this drink so play with it until you get the flavor you like. Don't forget the straw unless you want to chew on mint!