Orange Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon GF fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- salt to taste
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 6 cups of assorted chopped vegetables of your choosing - zucchini, carrots, green onion, onion, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, peppers, celery, snap peas, green beans, etc.
In a small pot, combine all sauce ingredients except arrowroot/cornstarch and boil down until reduced by one third.
While sauce is cooking, add a little oil to a large skillet and cook chicken on high heat until just about done and then remove to a bowl. Add vegetables to pan, stir and cover. Let cook 5 minutes, stir and recover for another 5 minutes.
Add a little water (maybe a tablespoon) to the arrowroot and mix completely. Whisk into sauce, stirring constantly.
Add chicken back to pan and mix in sauce. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to coat everything with sauce. Taste and re-season with salt, if needed.
Serve over rice. YUM!