Pierce 4 large russet potatoes with a fork. Bake directly on the oven rack at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool, then quarter lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake, skin-side up, at 450 degrees until crisp, about 15 minutes.
Top with your favorite toppings:
- cooked bacon, crumbled
- green onions, slivered
- Daiya Cheese (Cheddar, Mozzerella or new Pepper Jack) www.daiyafoods.com
- For Maple Bacon Skins, top with Apple butter, crisp bacon and maple syrup on Daiya covered skins
- For Southwestern Skins - top with Salsa, pickled jalapenos, chopped scallions and cilantro, and Daiya Pepper Jack cheese. Add guacamole before serving.
- For Chili skins, top with chili, kidney beans, chopped onion and cheddar Daiya.
- For BBQ skins, top with Pulled pork or chicken, barbecue sauce, sliced scallions and Daiya cheese.