Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup marinated roasted red peppers (plus 1 tbsp chopped for well)
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons GF tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or marinade reserved from red peppers
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.
Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil or marinade in the well and 1 tbsp chopped roasted red pepper.
Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.