Summer Squash Pasta Primavera
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 medium zucchini or 1 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1 package GFCFSF penne pasta (www.tinkyada.com)
- 1/2 cup grated GFCFSF Cheese (www.daiyafoods.com)
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss all of the vegetables with the oil, salt, pepper, and dried herbs to coat. Transfer the vegetable mixture onto two heavy large baking sheets and arrange evenly. Bake until the carrots are tender and the vegetables begin to brown, stirring after the first 10 minutes, about 20 minutes total.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixtures in a large bowl to combine. Toss with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve immediately.