GFCFSF Yummylicious Lasagna
Lasagna is one of those great dishes that you can substitute just about anything you like for almost all of the ingredients. This is also a great dish to hide lots of vegetables in! Chop them small enough and you can put just about any vegetables in the sauce!
- GFCFSF lasagna noodles (like Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Lasagna)
- marinara sauce
- Daiya cheese, Italian and cheddar
- Ground meat (pork, beef, Italian sausage, buffalo, turkey or whatever you like)
- onions, chopped
- dried Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, parsley)
- minced Vegetables – green, red or yellow peppers, chopped zucchini, mushrooms, peppers
- chopped spinach – cooked and drained, pressing all the water out
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add garlic and onions and cook until about halfway done. Add ground meat (if you want to make this vegetarian – just skip the meat) and cook, breaking the meat up as small as you can get it as it cooks. Season with salt and pepper and add Italian seasoning, cook until done. Remove from heat. Cook chopped vegetables in a small amount of oil and set aside.
Boil noodles until they are almost done, but not quite, remove from water and lay on foil/plastic wrap to cool. Layer in dish in any order you like after the first 2 layers – cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of marinara sauce, then a layer of noodles. After those two layers, you can layer up the rest of the dish in any way you like, alternating meat, cheese, vegetables and sauce until the dish is ½ inch from the top of the dish. This dish expands when cooking so it will overflow if you fill it too high in the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.