Brown Rice Salad
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 1 cup Texmati brown rice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup Champagne or rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, large-diced
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (1 large bunch), chopped
Bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil and add the rice and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Return to a boil, cover, and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until the rice is tender and all the water is absorbed. Transfer the rice to a bowl. Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, remaining teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper. Pour over the rice. Add the tomatoes and basil. Mix well and check the seasonings. Serve at room temperature.