Lemon Nut Torte with Summer Berries
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Parchment paper
- Oil cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour (finely ground cornmeal)
- 4 large eggs, yolks and whites divided
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, or a mix)
- 1/4 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8″ or 9″ springform pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Combine 1/3 cup sugar and flours in a bowl. Whip 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks in another bowl with an electric mixer about 5 minutes. Beat in zest, oil, lemon juice, and orange juice. Fold in dry ingredients. Beat egg whites and salt in a third bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Beat in remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of egg-white mixture into batter. Fold in remaining egg white mixture in two parts, mixing well. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Invert pan, remove parchment, and turn cake right side up onto a plate.
Combine honey, lemon juice, and vanilla in a bowl. Add berries; mix. Spoon topping on cake, dust with sugar, and slice into eighths.