Frequently Asked Questions About TACA
December 03, 2014
1. I want to come to a TACA meeting. Do I need to RSVP?
No. TACA Chapter meetings do not require a RSVP unless specifically noted in the meeting topic description. Find a TACA Chapter near you or view a list of upcoming autism related events & TACA Chapter meetings.
2. I’m not a parent, but I work with children with autism. May I attend a meeting?
Yes. We encourage professionals, students, and anyone interested in learning about autism to attend TACA Chapter meetings unless specifically noted in the meeting topic description. Find a TACA Chapter near you or view a list of upcoming autism related events & TACA Chapter meetings.
3. Is there a charge for coming to a meeting?
No. All of TACA's Chapter meetings are free. In fact, 95% 0f TACA events, services, and programs are provided at no cost to families with autism. NOTE: TACA does host special events such as our Autism Journey Seminars or TACA Family Picnic(s) that are fee-based. There are scholarships for fee-based educational events, available for families in need.
4. How do I become a TACA member? Are there dues?
It's easy to become a member - sign up online here! Basic membership is FREE - there are NO dues.
We do also offer a premium membership that is fee-based, called TACA+ that offers access to recorded webinars and vendor discounts.
5. How can I get a parent mentor or become a parent mentor?
6. What if I am facing a financial crisis?
7. Do we help families who do not have custody of their children?
No, we do not have the expertise to deal with outside the home placements or resources. Please see our list of Legal Advocacy resources if your child does not live at home with you.