Talk About Curing Autism began with ten families and now reaches out to almost 2,000 families in seven California locations. Our goals are to continue to educate, support and provide services to help families affected by autism, build communities, and help their children be the best they can be.
Below are our key accomplishments from 2005:
- Membership increased from 1,600 to almost 2,000 families.
- Continued to provide 95% of program services at no cost to families.
We continue to provide our mission to families affected by autism.
- Held over 75 education and support group meetings including three new parent seminars helping almost 100 families as they began their autism journey.
Approximately 50 meetings were held in 2004.
- Distributed 750 free Autism Journey Parent Guides to families at TACA meetings.
More than 500 guides were provided in 2004.
- Increased fundraising efforts by over 280% in 2005 from diverse funding sources that can be replicated annually.
- TACA provided 30 medical treatment scholarships to children affected by autism, who otherwise would have been unable to afford treatment.
- Web site hits from 20,000 hits per month in 2004 to over 50,000 hits per month in 2005.
- The free TACA Resources list has grown from 1,000 to over 1,300 resources provided at no charge to families in an easy to use web accessible format.
- Rolled out the TACA library to all locations and increased the materials for families to utilize at no costs.
- Provided over 60 mentor introductions for new families to obtain support and guidance from an experienced TACA family.
- Thanks to a grant from Northrop Grumman TACA was able to adopt 23 families in need during the holiday season.
For additional information please contact us.