TACA San Diego Chapter – Medical Treatment Scholarship
January 20, 2015
Thanks to the fundraising efforts of the TACA San Diego Chapter, families can apply for a scholarship to see a functional medicine doctor of their choice for a maximum of $1,000.
The TACA Family Scholarship Fund was developed to help families who are pursuing treatment for their children with autism, but are struggling to find the funding. We understand how difficult it is to stretch the family budget. It is our desire to provide limited financial assistance to eligible families.
Our 2022 TACA San Diego Medical Scholarship will provide financial assistance to eligible families. The scholarship awards $1,000 to aid in the out-of-pocket expenses for a medical professional that specializes in the treatment of autism and associated medical comorbidities. This includes medical doctors with Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs (MAPS), Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), and Lyme Literate Medical Doctors (LLMD) certification as well as naturopathic doctors.
Funding will be given out until all funds are expended or until December 1, 2022, which ever comes first. Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the outcome within 15 business days.
Families must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive assistance from the TACA Family Scholarship Fund:
- Be a TACA member (sign up on the web, it’s FREE!)
- Have a child diagnosed with ASD or PDD-NOS
- Top priority will be given to these applicants: Have a combined annual household income equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (Applicants with higher household incomes will be considered, but priority will be given to those equal to or less than 300% of the Federal Poverty Level.)
- Be a member of our TACA San Diego Chapter
- Attend at least one TACA Chapter Event, OR the TACA National Autism Conference OR one TACA Virtual Meeting