There are companies who can assist you in finding grants, scholarships and appropriate placements in schools, as well as offering ongoing tutoring and mentoring services throughout the school year.
There are also many on-campus programs to help your child attend and succeed at college.
The main places you will find autism/disability-specific college scholarships and funding are:
- Vocational Rehabilitation is a national governmental program that can cover education and related costs.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) PASS Plan
- Google and other search engines will net you the most results
- The college your child is accepted to will also give you a list of available scholarships based on your criteria through the financial aid office
- Your regional autism support and referral organizations
- Your high school guidance counselor's office library
- The public library has special books in their reference section
- Some states have funding for higher education within their department of disability