Children with autism almost always have medical conditions that cause or aggravate the symptoms of autism. Treating those conditions makes the child’s health improve. When a child is in less pain he can learn better, have less aggression, communicate, and learn coping skills among many other improvements. Some children even recover from autism through the use of medical treatments used alongside traditional therapies. Recent studies demonstrate that children with autism can have many other health issues in addition to the autism diagnosis.
Working With Your Doctor
- How to Prepare for a MAPS Doctor Appointment
- A Beginner’s Guide To Medical Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Summary of Dietary, Nutritional, and Medical Treatments for Autism – based on over 150 published research studies
- Medical Testing, Common Issues & Treatment Information
- Anesthesia and the Autistic Child
- Who are the doctors that specialize in treating autism?
- Medical Treatment on a Budget
- The Parent’s Role in Biomedical Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Why Are MAPS Doctors So Expensive?
Common Treatments / Co-Morbid Issues
- NEW! Speech Issues in Autism: Medical Causes and Treatment Options
- NEW! Picky Eating and Autism
- NEW! Sleep Issues and ASD
- NEW! Cerebral Folate Deficiency
- NEW! Anxiety in Autism
- Diagnosing and Treating Viral Infections in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Food Allergy Testing
- Ideas To Help Your Child Take Supplements
- Immune system, autism and PANDAS/PANS
- Methyl-B12: A Treatment for ASD with Methylation Issues
- Seizures in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Simplified Approach for Biomedical Treatment of ASD by Dr. Rossignol
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Autism and Mitochondrial Function: Testing and Treatments
Don't Know Where to Start?
Try our Autism Journey Blueprints!
These were created as a quick introduction reference guide for families on the autism journey.
Other Ways We Can Help
TACA provides education, support and hope to the autism community.