Development Coordinator I
Department: Development/ Fundraising
Position Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Non-Supervisory
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Hourly Rate: $20 - $23 ($41,600 – $47,840 annually) DOE
Hours Per Week: 40 hours
Benefits: Paid Medical, paid Dental, paid LTD, STD & AD&D Insurances, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time Off. Employee can enroll in Vision and Chiropractic insurances for a small cost to the employee and can participate in an employee contributed 403b
Work Location: Irvine, CA 92614
Schedule: Weekdays, M-F, 8:00 am PST – 5:00 pm PST, with some flexibility in schedule, including some weekends and evenings as required by various events
Hire Time Frame: Immediate hire with an anticipated start date of February 1st, 2024
Our non-profit organization is currently searching for a Development Coordinator I for our Foundation office located in Irvine, CA. This position reports directly to the Director of Development and Marketing. A major focus of this role is administrative project support and coordination for the organization’s development efforts. Additional duties will include but are not limited to e-news support and coordination of online fundraising campaign platforms. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple job duties. It is also the responsibility of this role to consistently convey and adhere to our organization’s mission. In this position, you will interface and collaborate with administrators, support personnel, and management on a regular basis.
- Assist and collaborate with the Director in the planning, organization, reporting, and implementation of all special events and fundraising campaigns.
- Establish and oversee high volumes of event mailings including save-the-date cards, invitations, thank-you letters, etc.
- Produce and coordinate various types of correspondences, and donor acknowledgement letters in a timely manner as directed. Examples of correspondences included but not limited to: general donations, event sponsorships and donations, In-kind donations, major donor donations, and grant donations.
- In partnership with the Development team, provide administrative support to the annual Ante Up for Autism gala volunteer committee.
- Manage Development Department supporter records in Every Action CRM including but not limited to: creating and maintaining Development Department groups and creating and maintaining mailing lists.
- Support the Development Department-wide administrative functions, including but not limited to: maintaining department records, updating fundraising reports, event and meeting coordination, gift acknowledgment, and assist the team with other departmental needs.
- Provide general administrative support to the department as directed. Examples of support include, but not limited to: email/letter correspondence, mailing and mail merge preparation, excel spreadsheet management, document copying, scheduling, scanning and filing, meeting preparation and clean up, department errands, secretarial support to the Development Director and team, etc.
- Perform other reasonably related business duties or projects as assigned by the Executive, Finance, and Development/Marketing Directors as required.
- 1-2+ years of proven nonprofit experience in fundraising and event planning, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Expert knowledge and experience in administrative and clerical procedures.
- High level of proficiency in basic computer programs and relevant software applications; including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and general donation platforms.
- Strong internal and external customer relations ability.
- Understanding of Autism preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and competency to present information, answer questions and talk informatively.
- Professional personal presentation, customer service orientated with positive attitude.
- Works patiently, professionally, and cooperatively with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Deadline-driven with an ability to multitask and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly motivated, able to work independently, and capable of working well with staff, teams, high-level volunteers, and others.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and respond calmly and effectively with the flexibility in response to changing priorities or pressure.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation as driving to events and other traveling as needed is a must.
- Ability to work an extended event day with the capacity to stand and walk for long periods.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Must pass employment background test.
Apply for this Position
Please email your resume and a brief description of why you feel you are the best candidate for this position to mail to:email@example.com, People Resources, Culture & Engagement Manager and mail to:firstname.lastname@example.org, Foundation Office Administrative Supervisor. At TACA, we value diversity in our workplace. If you need reasonable accommodations for the application and/or interview process, please include that information.
The Autism Community in Action maintains a work environment free from discrimination, one where employees are treated with dignity and respect. All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling TACA’s commitment to equal employment opportunity.
The Autism Community in Action (TACA) is a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2000 with the mission to provide education, support and hope to families living with autism. Headquartered in Irvine, CA with staff and volunteers working across the country, TACA offers: Free educational meetings, parent mentorship program, an online Hope and Help support group, and an annual National Autism Conference. TACA has a strong social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. TACA annually serves more than 90,000 parents and caregivers of individuals affected by autism. For more information visit tacanow.org.