All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
Wheat-free, Milk-free, Egg-free
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 2 1/4 cups GFCF flour (use Bette Hagman flour recipe but substitute the rice flour with equal amounts sorghum)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon corn-free baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free/soy-free margarine or coconut or palm oil substitute
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon baking powder, blend with oil and water 1 dash ground vanilla. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend arrowroot powder, GF flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside. Cream margarine and sugar. Beat in oil/water/baking powder. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Yield: 80-100 cookies
Animal Cookie Variations:
- Chocolate Cookies – add 2 ounces melted baking chocolate, substitute 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for the powder. (Caution: baking chocolate may not be milk-free.)
- Caramel Cookies – Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for 1/2 cup sugar, substitute baking soda for baking powder.
- Orange Cookies – add 1/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange peel grated.
- Spice Cookies – add 1 1/2 teaspoon assorted spices to flour mixture.
Want to substitute for sugar? Read about sugar and other ingredient substitutions.