All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) blackberries
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons blackberry vinegar (or substitute raspberry or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine 1/2 cup of the blackberries, the shallots, garlic, honey, mustard, and vinegars in a blender and process on high for 10 seconds. Stop and scrape down the sides before continuing. With the machine running, slowly drizzle the oil into the blender until the mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Adjust the seasonings with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Strain the dressing through a fine-meshed sieve into a clean container. Set aside until ready to serve, or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes about 1 cup. Serve over mixed greens with toasted walnuts.