Candied Sweet Potatoes
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic apple juice or cider
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon CF margarine
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Mixed sliced potatoes with maple syrup, juice and salt in a shallow 2-quart casserole. Dot top with margarine, cover and bake for about 45 minutes until tender. Uncover, sprinkle with nuts and bake 15 minutes longer.