Green Bean Casserole
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 2 cans of French cut green beans
- 3 cups Imagine Potato leek soup
- 1 small can of organic canned mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tblsp Earth Balance Soy Free Natural Spread
- salt, white pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste
- dash of liquid smoke
- French fried onions (see recipe below)
- Daiya vegan cheese, 70/30 Italian and cheddar blend
Sautee onions in Earth balance, add in mushrooms, seasonings and liquid smoke stirring continuously, then stir in the soup and simmer for a few minutes. Mix soup mixture into green beans in casserole dish, stir in some French fried onions and cheese, reserving some for the top. Top with the cheese and onions for the last 5 minutes of baking at 350.
French Fried Onions
- 3 small onions, cut into small strips
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup MimicCreme or Cashew Cream
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder
Mix eggs and MimicCreme. Mix flour and spices. Dip onion strips in egg then flour and fry in hot oil for 5 minutes until brown and crispy.