Grilled Asparagus with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 1 pound thick locally-grown asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- Light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch watercress
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette (see below)
Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- Zest of 1 Meyer lemon, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
Combine everything but the oil in a small bowl. Then drizzle the oil in and whisk. Whisk in a little mustard if you’re using ordinary lemons. Makes about 1/2 cup
- Prepare the charcoal grill.
- Brush the asparagus lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-hot fire for about 5 minutes, turning the asparagus until the skin is slightly charred and the spears tender.
- Wash the watercress, dry it in a spinner, and arrange it on a platter. Place the grilled asparagus on the watercress; drizzle with vinaigrette.