All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 5 cups GF rolled oats
- 2-3 cups of raw almonds or pecan halves (or other nuts)
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or sunflower seeds)
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Options: ½ – 1 cup unsulfured unsweetened coconut, ½ cup unsulfured dried fruit (add after cooked) – date pieces, cranberries, cherries, apricots, mango
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (or brown rice syrup, honey or maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
Preheat the oven to 300°F. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together, and then stir into dry ingredients. Stir well to mix thoroughly. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. When lightly toasted, remove from the oven and let cool about 10 minutes. Add in any dried fruits you didn’t cook with the mixture and stir to combine. Let cool completely and break up when putting in containers.