All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 cups tomato puree, freshly ground
- 1 large basil stem with leaves removed, fresh, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch baking soda or sugar, as needed
Heat oil in large pan, cook onion and garlic until soft but not brown. Add tomatoes, parsely, salt and cook until desired texture. Stir in parsely and basil, cook for 20 minutes. Season with baking soda or sugar to adjust if too bitter/sweet.