Marinated Artichoke Hearts
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 24 small to medium artichokes, trimmed and steamed (You can substitute frozen artichoke hearts which should be prepared according to the package directions). Don’t overcook or they may get mushy.
- 1 cup GF wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil (*virgin, not extra virgin)
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
If you are using fresh artichokes prepare as directed below, otherwise proceed to the next step.
Steam the artichokes and remove leaves. Place the leaves in a plastic bag and seal tightly. They can be eaten later chilled with a nice aioli.
Remove the choke and trim as desired. You can leave the chokes whole or cut them in half vertically through the stem.
Mix together wine vinegar, oil, garlic powder and parsley. Add artichokes. Stir, cover and refrigerate. Better on the second day. Will keep several weeks in the refrigerator; stir occasionally. Makes 24 whole chokes.
*Extra virgin olive oil may become too dominate in flavor so virgin olive oil is preferred.
*To can these, I undercook the chokes a bit as they will cook more in the canning process.