Really Good Sorghum Bread (No Yeast!)
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
It is hard to make GF CF bread that is NOT A BRICK!! AND that has no yeast, corn, soy and low in sugar but we found one thanks to KELLY WEAVER. My husband and I even liked the bread!!!
Preheat to 350.
- 2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp dried egg whites (real whites ok)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (could replace if needed)
- 3 Tblsp Spectrum palm shortening or ghee or GFCF margarine
- 2 Tblsp honey
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp soda water, perrier, etc
- 1 to 2 tsp flaxseed meal (optional. This gives the “Roman Meal” bread affect!)
Consistency will be like cake batter. Grease and flour (w/ spectrum and sorghum) a bread pan. Bake 30 mins. Cover with foil and bake 25 mins longer. Take out of pan and cool