Waffles without Eggs
All contents of this resource were created for informational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, dietitian, therapist, or other qualified health providers with any questions or concerns you may have.
- 1 cup brown rice, garfava, or sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch flour (use arrowroot starch if potatoes are out)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 tbsp. honey or sugar
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tbsp. GFCF cider vinegar with enough milk substitute to equal 1 1/4 cups (as a buttermilk substitute)
- 1 tsp. GF vanilla extract
In a small bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and sugar. (If using honey, add to liquid ingredients.) Whisk in oil, buttermilk substitute, and vanilla. Heat waffle iron. Pour 1/4 of batter on to heated waffle iron. Follow manufacturer’s directions for your particular waffle iron. Close and bake until steaming stops, about 4 – 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 4 waffles, depending on size of waffle iron. (Remember do not use a glutenous waffle iron! Use separate waffle irons for GFCF products!)